Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue fully-funded one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Chevening scholars have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, we are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Because these scholarships are fully-funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included), you are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximising the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
You will need to select three different master’s courses. These can be three different courses at the same institution or three similar courses at up to three different universities.
Please note that the course titles do not have to match exactly, but all three courses should be similar in content. You should select courses that reflect your current or future career goals.
Choose your three courses carefully. You will not be able to change your course choices after submitting your application unless you are granted permission to do so at the interview stage. You will need to apply separately to your selected courses directly via the university. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure you get a place. To be awarded a scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices by 16 July 2020.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time, and:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
The Secretariat will need to see evidence of an unconditional offer from one of your three course choices in order to finalise your Chevening Scholarship.
All Chevening applications must be submitted through our online application system (OAS). This system will be used throughout the application and selection process, and you may be asked to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
Applications must be submitted via this online portal: https://chevening.smartsimpleuk.com/s_Login.jsp
Contact and Information
For more information, please visit https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/