Supported by the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, the fellowship covers full tuition, fees, housing and travel expenses to the US to study at New York University. The fellowship is available for African citizens applying for selected Master of Public Policy programmes at NYU Wagner.
The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact public service in their home countries. The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in early-to-mid February 2020.
Contact and Information
For more information, visit https://wagner.nyu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/fellowships/awpsf